I know you've probably heard this term before and its becoming quite popular to "eat clean". But what is clean eating? Well the easiest explanation is eating things that are healthy and free from chemicals and toxic ingredients. Your about to find out a few basic principles on how you can start eating clean today.
1. No more junk food. Period. Just taking a look at the picture below of the is 180 day McDonald's burger is enough to turn me off for a lifetime. Not only does junk food have little nutritional value it will make you fat if you eat regularly over time. You can definitely treat yourself but try to make them healthy treats like home made burgers or gourmet burgers made with higher quality ingredients instead of fast food.
2. Avoid highly processed foods. These foods are made for convienience but with quick preparation comes little nutritional value and a long list of highly toxic ingredidents which are detremental to your bodies system. Examples of highly processed foods are frozen dinners, frozen chicken, cereals, chips, lollies, chocolate basically anything that comes wrapped in a colourful label.
3. No soft drink. Now if your drinking this stuff and trying to lose weight you are sabotaging your efforts. I've seen clients time and time again highly addicted to this crap drinking at least a 1.25L bottle a day. Once they stopped weight melted off them. Not only does soft drink contain buckets of sugar it also contains buckets of salt. These two ingredients refined ingredients are VERY addictive. The salt makes you thirsty which makes you drink more and the more sugar you have the more you want unfortunately its a viscious cycle. The inventors were pretty smart though manipulating the human body to make millions.
4. Cut out the white stuff. No white bread, pasta, sugar, rice, refined salt, flour. Brown all the way baby. Wholegrain breads and pastas are best. If you must have sugar try a more natural source ie. manuka honey, agave nectar. Purchase yourself a bag of celtic sea salt to season your cooking with.
5. Drink water. Sounds pretty simple but you would be suprised at how common it is to find most people do not drink no where near enough.
This is a basic beginners guide to eating clean. I always find if you feed your body the right things you will naturally lose weight. When you eat whole meals you feel satisfied and do not have the urge to over eat.
For more information head to littlefitmiss.com and send me an email.