1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over fish. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Add vermouth; cook until liquid almost evaporates. Add zucchini, shallots, oregano, lemon rind, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
PAN ROASTED FISH WITH KALE PESTO & CHERRY TOMATOES
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or almonds
4 cups lightly packed torn kale (ribs removed)
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, at least 1 inch thick
1 pound small cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place garlic and nuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups kale, 1/2 cup olive oil, cheese, and lemon juice. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Add remaining 2 cups kale and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; process until blended.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear fish 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Turn fillets over, and place tomatoes around fish in pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until fish is flaky and tomatoes are tender. Top fish with kale pesto.
SALMON WITH RED PEPPER PESTO
Fresh or frozen sustainable salmon fillets
3/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt, divided
1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
7 whole blanched almonds
1 garlic clove
1. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat pan with oil. Arrange fish in pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
2. While the fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, bell peppers, and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Serve pesto over fish.