How annoyed do you get with yourself when you eat healthy ALL day until after you finish dinner. Then all of your hard work comes undone with the late night munchies.
I used to be exactly the same. On top of that I'd beat myself up about it and feel really guilty. I didn't know why I couldn't control my cravings at night time.
First of all there could be a few reasons why you are doing this and giving into these cravings.
1. You are emotionally eating. That was me. At night time instead of relaxing, this would be the time I would think about all of my troubles and stresses. I would turn to bad food and late night eating to relieve the stress.
2. It is a habit. How weird is it to sit in front of the telly at night without something to eat or drink? I know I find it weird. T.V time has always been snack time and tea and biscuit or dessert time for as long as I can remember.
3. You are under eating and not getting enough nutrients throughout the day so your body is starving for food. Instead of eating properly you wait until the end of the day when you are so hungry you comfort eat.
So what can you do to stop these late night cravings in there tracks?
1. Ensure you eat enough throughout the day.
2. If you must eat something replace your cravings with a healthier option. Such as;
Almond milk hot cacao.
Nuts or spoon of peanut butter
Healthier desserts ie homemade chocolate.
3. Brush your teeth after you finish dinner. Sounds weird I KNOW but try it, it actually works.